Weddings are one of the most joyous occasions in life, and there’s nothing better than some good old-fashioned humor to make the day even more memorable. If you’re looking for a way to add some laughs to your wedding, look no further than these funny wedding quotes from movies. From classic comedies to romantic films, there’s a quote for every type of wedding.
1. “Marriage is like a tense, unfunny version of ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’, only it doesn’t last 22 minutes. It lasts forever.” – Knocked Up (2007)
This quote from the hit comedy Knocked Up perfectly sums up the realities of marriage. It’s not always easy, but it’s worth it in the end. And who wouldn’t want to reference a classic TV show during their wedding?
2. “I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill (1999)
This iconic line from Notting Hill is the perfect addition to any wedding ceremony. It’s romantic, funny, and a nod to one of the most beloved romantic comedies of all time.
3. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost, Wilder Than Our Dreams (2004)
This quote from the documentary Wilder Than Our Dreams combines the words of poet Robert Frost with a funny twist on the idea of love. It’s a great way to inject some humor into your wedding vows or speeches.
4. “I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
While not specifically about weddings, this quote from The Devil Wears Prada is perfect for anyone trying to shed a few pounds before the big day. It’s a lighthearted way to address the stress of wedding planning and dieting.
5. “I’m not great at the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?” – Chandler Bing, Friends (1994-2004)
This quote from Friends’ resident funnyman Chandler Bing is a great way to break the ice during a wedding toast. It’s also a nod to one of the most beloved sitcoms of all time.
6. “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to marry her.” – Leap Year (2010)
This quote from the romantic comedy Leap Year is a fun twist on the classic line from Notting Hill. It’s a great way to inject some humor into your wedding ceremony or speeches.
7. “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” – The Wedding Date (2005)
This quote from The Wedding Date is a great way to add some humor to your wedding vows. It’s a funny twist on the idea of love at first sight, and it’s a great way to show your partner just how much they mean to you.
Weddings are a time to celebrate love, but that doesn’t mean there’s no room for humor. These funny wedding quotes from movies are a great way to inject some laughs into your big day. Whether you’re looking for a romantic quote or a sarcastic comment, there’s something here for everyone. So go ahead and add some humor to your wedding – your guests will thank you!
Q. What are some other movies with funny wedding quotes?
A. Some other movies with funny wedding quotes include Bridesmaids, The Hangover, and My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Q. Can I use these quotes in my wedding vows?
A. Absolutely! These quotes are a great way to inject some humor into your vows while still expressing your love for your partner.
Q. Are there any other ways to incorporate humor into my wedding?
A. Yes! You can add funny touches to your wedding invitations, table settings, and even your wedding cake. Just remember to keep it tasteful and true to your personalities as a couple.